Saturday, June 28, 2008

Cheyenne Spiritual Songs


Today, in response to threads on Conjubilant With Song and BaptistLife.com, I posted *.wma files of three Cheyenne Spiritual Songs from the Mennonites' Cheyenne-language hymnal Tsese-Ma'heone- Nemeotȯtse

(cover pic) >>

The BaptistLife.com thread has scanned material from the hymnal including the singable English version of one of the songs, Esenehane Jesus, #3 in the Cheyenne hymnal, and #22 Nameome’etano’tovȯ Jesus (I thought about Jesus in the morning), while the Conjubilant one has an interlinear version of #40 Vehone-ma’kaetaevokėha’e (A Crown)

Leland aka Haruo

6 comments:

Dorothy said...

Hi Leland,

Thanks for stopping by at my blog. "Let Us Love, and Sing, and Wonder" is #127 in the blue Trinity Hymnal. I'm glad you liked it!

Dorothy

Dorothy said...

Hi Leland,

Thanks for coming by again. I'm glad you like "Jesus Lives and So Shall I." The hymn for July 6th is "Revive Thy Work, O Lord" and it is here:
http://fieldstonecottage.blogspot.com/2008/07/sundays-hymn-revive-thy-work-o-lord.html

Dorothy said...

Thanks for pointing out my mistake in not labeling July 6th's hymn. I fixed it.

Dorothy said...

Hello Leland,

I posted the tune information that I have for "Praise the Saviour" in the comments for that post. It is at:
http://fieldstonecottage.blogspot.com/2008/07/sunday.html

I am so glad that you find my hymn postings of interest.

Leland Bryant Ross said...

Silent Night in Cheyenne, quick before Christmas is over!

Bryce Wesley Merkl said...

That is so interesting about the Cheyenne hymnal!

Here's a Cheyenne language website that you might be interested in: Tsetsêhestâhese wiki browser